Welcome!

Even though I am moved by the graceful motion of horses, I am not a Horse Whisperer. Even though I have a special relationship with most dogs, I am not a Dog Whisperer. When it comes to good wine, however, I am the Wine Sipperer!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Wonderfully Complex Malbec!

Notice the vivid purple color and the aromatic, somewhat spicy nose. After you let it breathe for 30-45 minutes, drink in the bold,complex fruit flavors - plum, blackberry, perhaps currants.  Linger over the long, smooth finish with the right amount of soft tannins -- this Malbec has it all! 

From the Mendoza region of Argentina, Zarpado has produced a 2008 Malbec that is not only reasonably priced, but also so enjoyable to drink you will buy it by the case like I did. I discovered this wine at a Sam's Wholesale in the St. Louis area. Since it was a "one-time buy,"  I am now on the hunt for more of this great Malbec.

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite Malbec! I had it at a party once and fell in love with it.

    ReplyDelete