Welcome!

Even though I am moved by the graceful motion of horses, I am not a Horse Whisperer. Even though I have a special relationship with most dogs, I am not a Dog Whisperer. When it comes to good wine, however, I am the Wine Sipperer!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Dearly Beloved Forever Red Wine

Trader Joe's has done it again.  Dearly Beloved Forever Red is a blend of Syrah, Zinfandel, Petite Sirah, Sangiovese Carignane and Grenache from Mendocino County in California.  Their website indicates that it was aged in a combination of American and French oak for about 18 months. It is a tasty medium-bodied red that will do well with beef or just sipping for enjoyment.

This wine has a nice ruby hue with aromas of dark berries and roasted nuts. Dearly Beloved has subtle hints of oak and a long finish, smooth finish.

The bottle displays silk-screened folk art just in time for Halloween. At $6.99 a bottle in the St. Louis area, it is a bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment