Welcome!

Even though I am moved by the graceful motion of horses, I am not a Horse Whisperer. Even though I have a special relationship with most dogs, I am not a Dog Whisperer. When it comes to good wine, however, I am the Wine Sipperer!

Friday, October 5, 2012

Kansas City Wine Discussion

Just got back from Kansas City, MO.  What a fantastic visit. Besides the wedding that took me there (which was an amazingly beautiful), I participated in an unplanned wine tasting and discussion at a new restaurant in Country Club Plaza called Seasons 52. They have a nice wine list and create low calorie dishes with locally grown foods.

While waiting for my food to arrive, I wondered over to take a closer look at a bottle of wine on the bar. That led to a great conversation with a delightful, knowledgeable, and attractive young bartender I will call Georgia (name changed to protect her privacy). Among the 9 wines we tasted from around the world, there was a unique Treehouse Pinot Gris Rose from the Vista Hills vineyard in the Willamette Valley near Portland, Oregon.This richly colored rose is nice and crisp but pleasantly dry. A myriad of fruit flavors display through the nose and on the palate.  Tropical fruit, strawberry, watermelon? A veritable fruit salad!  Insightfully produced by Dave Petterson, only 50 cases were made. It's a steal for under $18.00 on the Vista Hills website.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment