Welcome!

Even though I am moved by the graceful motion of horses, I am not a Horse Whisperer. Even though I have a special relationship with most dogs, I am not a Dog Whisperer. When it comes to good wine, however, I am the Wine Sipperer!

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pinots of Portland - part 2

The last night I was in Portland, I dined at the Portland CIty Grill located on the 30 floor of a bank building in downtown Portland. With my fresh Alaskan Halibut topped with Dungeness crab over saffron rice, I selected a Trisae Pinot Noir 2009 vintage from  the fairly new Trisaetum Vineyards of Newberg, Oregon -- not far from Portland.  It was amazingly compatible with the delicious baked fish and the incredible view of the Willamette River and the city. The glass ended too soon! But make no mistake, this first class wine would stand alone very well. Like a ruby gemstone the rich color pleased the eyes, the gentle berry tones pleased the nose, and the  wine surprised my taste buds with an amazing, silky quality. Delightfully complex with favors of dark berries and a touch of chocolate.  The finish is smooth and dry. This superb pinot is versatile and worth the price tag.

Portland is a very clean, friendly city.  I enjoyed my stay, was impressed with the wines, loved the culture, and hope to visit again soon! A special tip of the hat to Scott, who was my unofficial guide to the city! Write that book!

No comments:

Post a Comment