Welcome!

Even though I am moved by the graceful motion of horses, I am not a Horse Whisperer. Even though I have a special relationship with most dogs, I am not a Dog Whisperer. When it comes to good wine, however, I am the Wine Sipperer!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Silver Palm's Cabernet

Silver Palm crafts a vintage cabernet sauvignon out of  carefully selected grapes from Northern California vineyards. Their drive to create quality wines is evident in the 2009 Silver Palm Cabernet. They have a nice website that describes the 2010 vintage as "dark ruby in color, with aromas of Bing cherry and cassis. Flavors of menthol, spice and oak with round firm tannins lead to a soft, silky, lingering finish." I have to echo this experience with the '09 Cab.  This soft,subtle, supple cabernet caresses the mouth and tingles the throat with pleasure! (Note the empty bottle!) A friend and I savored each sip as we watch the evening events of the 2012 Olympic games. A great experience all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment