Welcome!

Even though I am moved by the graceful motion of horses, I am not a Horse Whisperer. Even though I have a special relationship with most dogs, I am not a Dog Whisperer. When it comes to good wine, however, I am the Wine Sipperer!

Friday, August 3, 2012

A Touch of Tuscany



From the Tuscany region of Italy with a Denomiazione di Orginine  Controllata e garantita (DOCg) rating that guarantees me it is a top quality Italian wine, comes the Toscolo Chianti.  I was fortunate enough to taste a 2010 vintage of this fine medium-bodied dry red wine at a fabulous new Italian Restaurant in Fairview Heights, Illinois – Agostino’s. This is a restaurant I plan to dine at over and over again because of the outstanding quality of the food, the wine, and the service. This family-owned establishment is passionate about giving its customers a great experience at a fair price.

I was with a group of seven last week so I had to choose a wine that would pair well with a number of selections from the menu. This Chianti not only paired well with our dinners, but had amazing aromas, structure, and flavors. We savored the silky texture and dark cherry overtones then caught a touch of acidity and tobacco as it finished prompting yet another sip. This Chianti is created from 100% Sangiovese and is pleasing to the palate. Its flexibility in pairing reminds me of a Pinot Noir. A very nice wine!


No comments:

Post a Comment