Welcome!

Even though I am moved by the graceful motion of horses, I am not a Horse Whisperer. Even though I have a special relationship with most dogs, I am not a Dog Whisperer. When it comes to good wine, however, I am the Wine Sipperer!

Monday, August 13, 2012

The Noble Nature of Sipping Wine

When we share wine around a table, we relax and enjoy the moment.  Stress melts away - if only temporarily -- as a sense of well-being and blessedness permeates our souls.  N ext time take note of the character of the conversation -- playful, thoughtful, inspired!

Our senses are awakened by good wine, yes, and the companionship of good friends and family.  And in those moments punctuated by reasons to lift our glasses in shared toasts, we are elevated to a noble state free of earthly burdens and human disappointment. We have an enhanced sense of civility, of refinement, and of the enjoyment of life itself.

So as we savor a few ounces of the divine elixir we call wine, here's to you, my noble friends and family.  And to all the passionate vintners that make these moments possible!  Clink!

No comments:

Post a Comment