Welcome!

Even though I am moved by the graceful motion of horses, I am not a Horse Whisperer. Even though I have a special relationship with most dogs, I am not a Dog Whisperer. When it comes to good wine, however, I am the Wine Sipperer!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Napa Cellars Zinfandel


The reputed Mecca for good zinfandel wines has been Lodi, California. Many from that region are spicy and meaty and complex. However, last night I experienced an impressive zinfandel from Napa Valley.
Some friends uncorked this 2009 Zin from Napa Cellars to pair with our evening fare of barbequed pulled pork. I barely managed to save one sip of it to pair with our main course.  We had nearly consumed this Zin before the dinner bell sounded. It demonstrate vibrant fruit aromas (cherry, currant, dates, subtle raspberry) and oak-imposed dimensions of spice and vanilla. Well-rounded and complex, this dry red is a fine wine to sip or to pair with food - pork, beef, ribs, lamb, pizza, chili. You get the idea!

The Napa Cellars website is currently offering the 2010 Zinfandel for $22.00. Ours was purchased upon the recommendation of a wine shop proprietor. There are lots of zinfandels out there.  It is always a treat to encounter a good one.  We recommend this Zin!

No comments:

Post a Comment