Welcome!

Even though I am moved by the graceful motion of horses, I am not a Horse Whisperer. Even though I have a special relationship with most dogs, I am not a Dog Whisperer. When it comes to good wine, however, I am the Wine Sipperer!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Barbera d'Asti

 
Barbera d'Asti is a great dry red wine from the Piedmont or Piemonte wine region of Italy. In northwestern Italy, the Asti area is perhaps the best known.  Quality wines are rated DOC; exceptional wines DOCG - Denominazione de Origine Controllata e Garantita - where the G represents a promise (guarantee) of quality.
This 2010 Barbera does not disappoint. it offers great berry/dark fruit flavors, lingering nicely on the palate. I found this one at Trader Joe's in the St. Louis area.

No comments:

Post a Comment